Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Every year when people are coming up with "resolutions" for the new year I'm completely stumped. This isn't because I think I'm perfect and needn't improve anything, it's quite the contrary actually. I think I'm afraid to even sit down and consider all the things I should be doing differently! This year however my resolutions came to me at random and really required no thought whatsoever. This is how all resolutions should be! So without further ado, here are the resolutions thus far:

-Cook atleast one new recipe a week (Yes, I too was inspired by Julie and Julia- who could watch that movie and not be?!)
-Run in a 5k before July (Sounds simple enough, right? This is a major feat for me as anyone who knows me knows that I do not exercise...)
-Get a sewing machine and USE it!
-Declutter my life (get rid of extra clothes, shoes, random items, etc)
-Work on making a career out of the things I'm passionate about-- fashion, home decor, psychology, etc.

I've chosen not to number them as I don't feel I should give any more importance to one than any other. Ordering things seems to diminish the value of the item at the end, and I want to fulfill all my resolutions! I don't want to be one of those people that throws out random resolutions and then never follows up on them. (Ahem, the "I'm going to exercise every day, give up smoking, and give up all carbs" group) Any others that my mind happens to conjure up while I'm multitasking will be added as well!

Saw this in my local pizzeria & had to share :]

No comments:

Post a Comment